What it Means for Your Business
Delaying or failing to upgrade your estate in response to network closures may negatively impact your business by affecting POS terminals, ATMs and any device containing a wireless radio module that is not 4G capable.
What can these mean for your business?
- Degradation of network performance
- Reduced quality of service
- Inadequate connectivity
- Dissatisfied customers, including increased customer complaints and reputational damage
- Inability to process transactions resulting in loss of revenue
- Connectivity blackspots that cannot be geographically predicted
TNS is here to support your migration to next generation point of sale and connectivity.
Why Act Now
Being proactive has several benefits when it comes to your terminal estate.
- Avoid Risks to Your Business
Switching from 2G and 3G can help improve payment acceptance, lead to smoother processing and improved customer experience, and avoid the potential risk of intermittent connectivity, increased customer support complaints and reputational damage.
- Better Allocate Resources
Avoid higher technical support workload and potentially the hiring of additional staff by preparing for decreased carrier support early.
- Navigate Unexpected Global Events
Planning and ordering new equipment ahead of time may help avoid delays and longer lead times on new equipment availability caused by events like the global semiconductor shortage.
- Head Off Customer Dissatisfaction
Get ahead of potential dissatisfaction by replacing older terminals with connectivity and processing issues. Weigh the costs of replacement of terminal estates vs. the useful life left and operational risk.
Plan Your Migration with TNS
TNS has 30+ years of experience accepting, connecting and securely processing transactions, establishing us as trusted guides through many network shutdowns for our customers. Our more than one million SIM cards currently supported also keeps us in the know and on the leading edge.
A partnership with TNS means support in:
- Assessing what needs to be done and when
- Uncovering incompatible SIMs or routers within the estate
- Replacing equipment or telco services
- Monitoring and Management of your service
Benefit from partnering with a carrier-agnostic, PCI-DSS Certified, global network provider with in-depth reporting and tracking that helps guide you in your estate transition. Our global network offering localized support, helps you respond to the challenge of migration.
2G and 3G Network Shutdown World View
Carriers across the globe have announced when they will shut down their networks. For the latest updates affecting your locations click the continents below.
Our team of experts can help you understand the migration path that is right for your business. Complete the form and a member of our team will be in touch to gain an understanding of your challenges and to help you understand your next steps.