Last Updated: May 2023
- We added information to sections Personal Information Collection and Purpose, Information We Collect by Automated Means, With Whom We Share Your Personal. Information, Automated Decisions About You, International Transfers of Personal Information, and Retention of Personal Information.
- We updated our Privacy Request Webform link.
- We updated section Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information in our California Consumer Privacy Notice.
In this document:
- “Personal Information” means information which identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household (or, as applicable, your employer).
- “We” or “TNS” means Transaction Network Services, Inc., and includes its global operating entities, affiliates, and their subsidiaries. Transaction Network Services, Inc., the global headquarters of the company group, is a USA-based corporation registered in Delaware, USA under Delaware Registration No. 3053051. Its principal office is located at Suite 100, 10740 Parkridge Blvd., Reston, Virginia, 20191 USA. Information on TNS entities and locations around the globe can be found under the Our Locations section of the About TNS
- “You” refers to you, acting individually or on behalf of your employer.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND PURPOSE
We may collect Personal Information from you through our websites or by other means (such as email, fax, mail, phone, mobile applications, third party applications, our parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies, business partners, and other third parties such as commercial data vendors and public databases). The principal ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit, as well as the ways we may use the information are listed below:
Business Purposes – You may choose to provide, or we may obtain, your Personal Information at trade shows, industry forums, or similar types of events. It is in our legitimate business interests to use this information so that we can manage our business relationships and carry out marketing and sales activities, unless prohibited by local data protection law.
Careers – Individuals from all over the world apply for jobs with TNS through the TNS Careers or similar websites, third-party job posting sites, or job fairs. The information job seekers provide through this process may be maintained by third-party service providers. This information may be maintained in locations within the United States, accessible to our global recruiting team, and be shared with our corporate affiliates for the purpose of evaluating you for positions within TNS. The information submitted by job seekers, such as name, contact details, and any other information relevant to the application is used to evaluate their qualifications for employment and to contact them regarding possible employment opportunities. It is in our legitimate business interests to use this information in the selection process and to communicate with you, and it will be necessary to provide us with this information so we can assess your application.
To allow TNS to meet certain government recordkeeping and reporting obligations, job seekers may choose to provide sensitive personal information, such as race, gender, disability status or ethnic background. This information will not be considered in evaluating candidates’ qualifications for employment.
Contractual Obligations – If you are a vendor, contractor, or customer, we may ask you to provide Personal Information such as your name, contact details, or business and financial details to establish and administer your account, to conduct our business, including providing products and services to you (including support), performing administrative operations, and accounting. In some cases, this Personal Information may be provided to us by your employer, where we are providing your employer with a product or service for which you are the point of contact. We use your information for this purpose so that we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
Feedback – You may be able to submit feedback on our websites, or to participate in surveys we conduct related to TNS, our products and services, or for quality control purposes. If you choose to give us your feedback, we may ask you for your Personal Information. It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information you provide to enhance our websites, evaluate the quality of our products, or to communicate with you about products and services where we are allowed to do so under local data protection law.
IT Systems and Facilities (Logical and Physical Security) – We may collect Personal Information when detecting and defending against security threats in accordance with our legitimate business interests and our legal obligations. We use various IT tools to detect and defend against online security threats (e.g., attacks, viruses, malware, spam, phishing, malicious web content), to promote business continuity of our information systems and assets, and to maintain optimal performance of our IT systems. Likewise, to ensure physical security of our facilities we may, where permitted under local law, document your presence or verify your identity, utilize surveillance systems and/or location tracking while you are on TNS property.
Other Uses of Information – We may use the Personal Information you provide to us for internal general business purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests, unless prohibited by local data protection law. These purposes include administration of our websites, data analytics, product development, fraud prevention and compliance with our legal obligations, standards, policies, and procedures.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
When you visit and interact with our websites and applications, we may collect “Other Information” that does not inherently reveal your specific identity, in order to learn how to best tailor our websites for our visitors. Examples of what Other Information we may collect and how we and third-party service providers may collect this information include:
Browser and Device Information – Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your computer type, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the online services (such as the apps) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the online services function properly.
Cookies – Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on your device. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the online services, pages visited, referring URL, and other aggregated website traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to collect statistical information, and to personalize your experience while online.
IP Address – Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the online services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering our online services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address to understand from what regions of the world our website visitors come.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TNS does not sell any Personal Information for monetary consideration. We may share the categories of Personal Information we obtain about you (as described above) with the categories of third parties described below. We may share your information as disclosed at the time you provide it and/or in the following circumstances:
Sharing With Your Consent – Our services may present you with the opportunity to opt in to receive information or marketing offers from third parties or to otherwise consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties. If you agree to have your Personal Information shared, your Personal Information will be disclosed to the third-party subject to the privacy notice and business practices of that third party, unless prohibited by local data protection law.
AUTOMATED DECISIONS ABOUT YOU
We may make automated decisions about you using your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Automated processing may be used when evaluating large numbers of applicants for job vacancies. For these purposes we would request that you create a profile and answer some job-related questions to evaluate your skills as compared to the published job requirements. An algorithm may then be used to determine which candidates will be allowed to proceed to the next step within the selection process. We consider this data and process to be relevant because it will assist us to select the applicant most suitable for our vacancies. The outcome of the evaluation may have an impact on whether you are offered a role for the vacancy to which you applied.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and/or physical safeguards and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. Our employees as well as our service providers who have access to Personal Information are obligated to protect it and keep it confidential. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, as no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. If an incident is reported affecting your information, we will investigate and comply with all required reporting obligations.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may store your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your Personal Information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- Address any complaints regarding the services
We will delete your Personal Information when it is no longer required for these purposes or where it otherwise is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may have been collected. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
We may also retain certain information obtained from your Personal Information where such information has been aggregated, de-identified, anonymized, or pseudonymized such that it is no longer capable of identifying you.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS
You have choices about how TNS collects and uses your data. You can exercise your Personal Information rights by contacting TNS as noted in the “How to Contact Us” section below or by clicking here. We will respond to you within the time limits established by applicable law.
Namely, you have the following rights in connection with processing of your Personal Information performed by TNS, subject to applicable law:
- access your Personal Information;
- correct the Personal Information we hold about you;
- erase or delete your Personal Information;
- restrict our use of your Personal Information;
- object to our use of your Personal Information;
- withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Information, if applicable;
- receive your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- opt out of the processing of your Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising, certain profiling, or the sale of your Personal Information; and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or privacy regulator (if applicable).
Subject to applicable law, you may appeal our decision with respect to a request you have submitted by contacting TNS as noted in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Our products and services, as well as our websites, are not directed to nor intended for use by minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 16.
STATE REQUIRED NOTICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Transaction Network Services Inc.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
10740 Parkridge Boulevard, Suite 100
Reston, Virginia 20191 United States
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSED BY TNS ON BEHALF OF ITS CUSTOMERS
California Consumer Privacy Notice
Last Updated: May 2023
This Notice uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”). Your rights and our obligations under CCPA are explained below.
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated Date of this Notice), the following types of Personal Information:
- Identifiers: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology, telephone number, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers.
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: Education, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.
- Protected Classifications: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, religion, ancestry, and veteran status.
- Commercial Information: Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements.
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information.
- Employment Information: Professional or employment-related information such as résumé or contact information, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, historical compensation details, previous employment details, emergency contact information, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information.
- Performing services: Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services
- Marketing: Providing advertising and marketing services
- Auditing: Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short Term Use: Short Term Use: Short-term, transient use such as non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us
- Security Purposes: Helping to ensure security and integrity
- Debugging: Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Internal R&D: Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Safety: Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them
- Career Opportunities: Managing career opportunities with us
- Business Partners: Managing our relationships with current or prospective partners, corporate customers and vendors and other business partner personnel
We do not collect or process sensitive Personal Information for purposes of inferring characteristics about individuals.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective Last Reviewed date of this Notice, we may have obtained Personal Information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you complete forms on our website, attend an event, or interact with social media and/or social networking services
- From your devices, such as when you visit our website
- Our parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities
- Our partners and service providers (including, for example, business partners, analytics vendors, advertising campaigns, and search information providers
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may share your Personal Information by allowing certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect Personal Information via automated technologies on our websites. This kind of sharing may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of Personal Information under California law. You have the right to opt out of these types of disclosures of your information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
|CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION||CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES|
|Additional data subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80||
California Consumer Rights
You have certain choices regarding TNS’ use and disclosure of your Personal Information, subject to relevant exception under applicable law, as described below.
- Access: You may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the Personal Information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold or shared about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the Personal Information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information or the sharing of your Personal Information.
- Shine the Light Request: If you are a California resident and have provided us with your Personal Information, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with third parties, including our affiliates if they are separate legal entities, for direct marketing purposes.
How to Make a Request
You may make a request to exercise your rights under CCPA through any of the following channels:
If you designate an authorized agent, we may require proof of identity and authority before actioning your request.
If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.