Updated 08 October 2020
In this document:
- “Personal Data” means information which identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household (or, as applicable, your employer).
- “We” or “TNS” means Transaction Network Services, Inc., a USA-based corporation registered in Delaware, USA under Delaware Registration No. 3053051. Its principal office is located at Suite 100, 10740 Parkridge Blvd., Reston, Virginia, 20191 USA.
- “You” means the person who is applying for a job on our websites.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
In connection with your application for a job with us, Personal Data collected by us includes information that you voluntarily submit to us, and may include the following:
- Biographical Information: This includes information you provide to us about yourself, including your name, alias(es), former name(s), gender, date of birth, email address, mobile telephone number, home telephone number, address(es), protected classification(s), language proficiencies, and other information required to determine your eligibility and suitability for a job with us, as well as information about you provided to us by your current or former employers, educational institutions, and co-workers.
- Educational Information: This includes information you provide about educational history, such as the names, places, and dates of attendance and graduation of your schools, trade schools, colleges, and universities, as well as the certificates, diplomas, and degrees awarded, as well as information provided to us by your current or former educational institutions.
- Professional Information: This includes information you provide about your employment history, such as the names, places, and dates of former or current employers, the positions you held, professional qualifications (such as licenses, permits, certifications, and memberships relevant to your work history), as well as information provided to us by your current or former employers and co-workers.
- Job Preference Information: This includes information you provide about the geographical locations, positions, and compensation you seek, as well as your willingness to relocate.
- Interview Information: This includes information you provide to us (whether in person, over the phone, in a virtual meeting, on paper, or otherwise) in the process of our interviewing you for a position with us.
- Other Information: This may include any additional information which you voluntarily provide to us, or make available to us through a third party, in the process of your application for a job with us.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Providing Personal Data to us in connection with your application for a job with us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with certain information, or do not provide sufficiently detailed information, we may be unable to consider you for a job with us.
To the extent you voluntarily provide us with your Personal Data in connection with your application for a job with us, or make such Personal Data available to us through a third party, we may collect such Personal Data in the following ways:
- Personal Data You Provide: You may give us your Personal Data (as described above) when you contact us to inquire about available jobs; when you apply for a job with us (whether on our websites, via mail, via email, or otherwise); and/or when you interview with us.
- Personal Data Received from Third Parties: We may receive information about you from third parties, including current or former employers, current or former educational institutions, and current or former co-workers.
USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data in several ways, including the following:
- Screening, Recruiting, and Hiring Applicants: We may use your Personal Data to evaluate your eligibility and suitability for one or more positions with us; to schedule and conduct interviews with you; to communicate with you regarding your job application(s); to satisfy our legal obligations (including, for example, our obligations under Equal Opportunity Employment laws); to evaluate and improve our recruiting process; and for routine business purposes.
- Sale of Personal Data: TNS does not sell any Personal Data collected in the job application process.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
At the time we collect your Personal Data in connection with your application for a job with us, we may store such Personal Data for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility and suitability for one or more positions with us. In addition, after the job application process, we may continue to store such Personal Data for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility and suitability for future positions with us. We may also retain certain information obtained from your Personal Data where such information has been aggregated, de-identified, anonymized, or pseudonymized such that it is no longer capable of identifying you, for the purposes of evaluating and improving our recruiting process.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We take precautions to protect the Personal Data we collect and store. All of our employees, as well as all of our service providers who have access to Personal Data, are obligated to protect it and keep it confidential. However, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. If you give us your Personal Data, you do so at your own risk. We expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Rights of California Residents (this section applies only to California consumers)
California consumers have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Your rights and our obligations under CCPA are explained below.
Access and Disclosure Requests: Under CCPA, California consumers have the right to request, up to two times in a 12-month period, that a business disclose what Personal Data it has collected, disclosed, and sold about them in the 12 months immediately preceding the request. Here are the specific types of information California consumers may request, as well as an explanation of TNS’s practices for each one:
The categories and specific pieces of Personal Data that the business collected about them in the preceding 12 months, the business purpose for such collection, and corresponding categories of sources from which the business collected the information.
- In the last 12 months, TNS has (or may have) collected the following Personal Data:
- TNS has (or may have) collected the Personal Data you provide to us, or that you make available to us through a third party, in connection with your application for a job with us as described in the “TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED” AND COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA” sections (above).
- You may send an access request to TNS through the following channels:
- The categories of Personal Information, and the categories of third parties to whom the business disclosed their Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the business or commercial purpose for such disclosure.
- In the last 12 months, TNS has disclosed no Personal Data in connection with job applications with us to any third parties.
- The categories of Personal Information and the categories of third parties to whom the business sold their Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the commercial purpose for such sale.
- TNS does not sell any Personal Data in connection with the job application process.
Deletion Requests: Under CCPA, California consumers may request that a business delete any Personal Data that the business collected from or about them. Each such request is subject to reasonable verification of the consumer’s identity by the business. Note that there are some reasons a business will not be able to fully address a California consumer’s request, such as if the business needs to complete a transaction for the consumer, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise the business’s rights, for the business’s internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You may send a deletion request to TNS through the following channels:
- You will need to provide enough information such that TNS can verify your identity. If TNS cannot reasonably verify your identity, your request may be denied.
Opt-out Requests: Under CCPA, California consumers may direct a business that sells Personal Data about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s Personal Data.
- TNS does not sell any Personal Data in connection with the job application process. Accordingly, TNS is not required under CCPA to respond to consumer requests to stop selling Personal Data provided by California Consumers in connection with their application for a job with us.
CONTACT INFORMATON REGARDING PRIVACY
- Contacting a Privacy Regulator: If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the relevant privacy regulator or agency in your state, or at the federal level, you can contact the Federal Trade Commission.