- In Australia: Transaction Network Services Australia Pty Limited
- In Hong Kong: Transaction Network Services HK Pte Limited
- In India: Transaction Network Services (India) Private Limited
- In Japan: TNS Japan K.K.
- In South Korea: Transaction Network Services Korea YH
- In Malaysia: Transaction Network Services (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd,
- In New Zealand: TRANSACTION NETWORK SERVICES NZ LIMITED
- In the Philippines: Transaction Network Services Phl,Inc.
- In Singapore: Transaction Network Services SG Pte Limited
- In Sri Lanka: Transaction Network Services Lanka (Private) Limited
- In Taiwan: Transaction Network Services Taiwan Limited
- In Thailand: TRANSACTION NETWORK SERVICES (Thailand) LIMITED
TNS Privacy Commitment
We are committed to respecting personal privacy. This policy describes how we collect, use, hold and disclose personal information
What is personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
The information that we collect
We may collect or receive the following kinds of personal information.
- Customer information: This includes information about current or potential customers that we receive when you interact with us (e.g. if you’re establishing a new service), or that we obtain from an outside source like marketing mailing lists and public information or information received from partners or affiliates. The kinds of customer information that TNS collects can include names, telephone numbers and email addresses, along with business contact details which are not personal.
- Website usage information: We may receive information that you provide by filling in forms on the TNS website www.tnsi.com. If you contact us we will keep a record of that correspondence. We also collect details of your visits to www.tnsi.com including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- IP address: We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
TNS does not collect, or otherwise have access to, personal information sent or received by its customers in the course of them using TNS’ processing technology solutions (Transactional Information).
How we use personal information
We may use and disclose personal information for the following purposes.
- Complying with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting our business, including performing our administrative operations, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, and staff training.
- Any purpose relevant to our client’s needs, or our own internal business requirements.
- In relation to customer information:
- To communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you.
- For our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development.
When we may disclose personal information
We may disclose your information to other entities within the TNS corporate group. Subject to what is permitted by law, we may also disclose your information:
- to our agents, contractors and external advisers whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities;
- to regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts where we are required by law to do so;
- to external payment systems operators;
- if we buy or sell any business or assets, or if TNS or its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information may be transferred as a business asset.
TNS is a global provider of electronic transaction and communication solutions. We may use other operations of TNS which are located overseas, or trusted third party data management providers in relation to storage and protection of personal information.
In particular, but without limitation, customer information may be transferred to Transaction Network Services, Inc. and any of its subsidiaries.
If we provide personal information to an overseas TNS entity or third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient will be subject to laws or obligations substantially similar to those in the country in which the information was collected.
Access to personal information
If you wish to access or update your personal information, you may request your details by writing to the privacy officer, TNS at email@example.com.
In relation to transactional information, TNS does not collect this information. Access to such information is best gained via the relevant financial institution, card or account provider, or merchant through which a transaction was processed.
Under certain circumstances, we may not be able to disclose what personal information we hold about you. This includes where:
- it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the information relates to legal proceedings with you;
- the information would reveal a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
- we are prevented by law from disclosing the information, or providing access would prejudice certain investigations.
We may charge you a fee for accessing your personal information depending upon the circumstances. You will be advised at the time of your request of any applicable fee.
Security of personal information
TNS maintains strict procedures and standards and takes all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised access to, and modification and disclosure of, your personal information.
TNS will protect any personal information it holds against misuse or loss. If TNS no longer needs the personal information, we will take steps to either destroy the information or de-identify it.
If you consider a breach of a privacy law has occurred, we invite you to write to the privacy officer of TNS at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint internally.
If you are in Australia and are dissatisfied with the resolution we offered you, you may file a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Commissioner can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or by email email@example.com
Changes to this policy